Friday, April 8, 2011

18 years... :oP

This Sunday (April 10th)  hubby and I will be celebrating our 18th year being married.  Wow!  I know its cliche but it really does not seem that long.  

We have been a part of each other's lives for over 20 years.  We met in Japan as very young Marines...yep I was in too :o)  How else would a girl from the northeast meet up with a guy from So Cal while in Japan? :o)  We were about 19 and 20 years old...mere babies.  Did I just age myself? lol

Its funny, we started out as friends hanging out, then as orders moved us to separate coasts, we were mail buddies.  This morphed into a trip to visit and eventually to us getting married.  Robert has been a friend in my life for so long now,  he is still my best friend.  

I wish I had pictures to show you,  all the images we have need scanned and I just do not have it in me right this moment to go find some and scan them then resize and upload lol  I will leave that for another day.

Its been a wild ride for sure.  We've lived all over the US.  Starting out in Southern California and moving thru South Florida, Massachusetts, Northern California, Tennessee and Texas.  Six awesome kiddos, multiple pets both tiny and large, and a whole lot of adventures and new friends along the way.  Its been pretty eventful and I would not change any of it.  

If anyone would have asked me years ago how I saw myself being today, I would certainly not say celebrating my 18 anniversary :o)  but then again, I would not have said I would be a dollmaker either...life has a way of making things happen.  So when asked where do I see us in another 20 years?  hmmm   not really sure.  Our ultimate goal...to be the retiree couple sitting on the shore at the beach with our feet in the water watching the waves crash to shore and other folks children play all around them.   How it will eventually play out is anyone's guess :o)

So how are we celebrating this year?  We're heading out today for a weekend trip.  We will do some camping and of course go to the opening weekend of the Scarborough Renfaire.  What better way to celebrate than to be with our awesome kiddos and each other just having a fun time.

Have a great weekend,  we'll see you all when we get back :o)