Monday, February 17, 2014

February 2014

It's been a while since I had the time to sit down and put together an update of all that is going on.  I have been trying to find the time to do this, it seems for oh so long.  OK, so since I have the time this morning...better get started...



We are off to a great start this year...Things are steadily rolling along.

Many of you have already met ZiZi.  She was brought on to help run the shop for me so I can have the freedom to design and create.  She makes sure things keep rolling at the shop and things get done on time.  This is no small task, trust me :)  When someone is out, or does not get their work done, she has to step in and finish it.  She is pretty amazing for taking this all on.  Over time, you all will get to know her better...as she gets more settled in her role, she will begin to be more active online.  You all are gonna love her.  She's pretty wonderful.





We added a few new sewing mamas to the team.  They are still training, so it will take a few weeks before they are totally up to the task,  it takes a few weeks and a lot of sewing to be ready to make items for us.  Based on what they have done so far, I can say they are both extremely talented sewers.  They will be fantastic additions to Team DFH.




On the book front, the paperback copies have all bee shipped out.  As for the hard cover copies, our publisher ended up being a bit behind on time estimates and it has added a couple weeks to our finish date.  Right now, we are on track to have them received, all printed and ready to ship out, by the 27th...we are sorry for the inconvenience.



If you follow along on the FB page, you are already aware that we are working on new items to add to our offerings each week.  With the addition of ZiZi to the team, I look forward to being able to design some new items as well as make some alterations to a few existing items so we can add them one by one.  Wait till you all see what I have in store for you :)  I am pretty excited.

We have some other really big things coming down the road...but I will save those for another blog post :)

For now, it looks like I have covered all the things I needed to go over today.  It's now time for me to get to work :) You have yourselves a wonderful day...