Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Whole New Level of Details :)

I have been spending a lot of time dreaming up new ideas and then working away to find ways to bring them to life...



One of the first things was to design a larger size body.  I wanted it to be very slender and floppy, like our Jewelwings, Sprites and Pixies, but also much taller.  To be closer to the configuration of a 10-12 year old child...long spindly legs and arms with large feet.  As I played around and came up with the style, I realized this larger size gave me more creative freedom to play around and create new ways to bring more little details to them.

This is what I came up with...introducing, our newest body.  



She stands 17" tall.  Her arms and legs are thin and long.  Her body is slender as well.  

Next, it was time to play around with the little details.  

I wanted to figure out a way to make her arms and legs bend naturally at the joints.  I also wanted it to look pretty.  This is what I came up with.

She not only has knee and elbow dimples...they are also functional, acting as moveable joints. 

It also has the added bonus of giving her leg and arm definition.




Her legs and arms can now bend freely but still look pretty when they are straight.


As for other small details....

How about right and left feet.  


...and of course butt cheeks 


These details will be on all our large size dolls going forward.  This means if the doll is 16" or bigger...he or she will have these same details.  We will not be adding these to our other sizes...Jewelwing, Sprite and Pixie. 

I cannot tell you how excited I am to bring have been able to dream this up and finally bring it all to life.  Hopefully you all will agree these are some awesome additions.