Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday.....

Wow!  What an incredibly long day!  Its taken a bit but I uploaded all my new listings for the day as well as some new Wee Fuzzies :o)  Drop by the shop and check them out when you have the time...let me know what you think...

You will notice, I have changed things up a bit.  I am trying to figure out what way to photograph the items.  I have used a white board background, but I almost prefer the natural setting of our backyard...though with the weather lately, that would not be very picturesque.  Look at them and PLEEEAAASSSEEE give me your input.  Seriously, I am playing around with it to see what works best, so your input would be appreciated :o)

On another note....

As I was working earlier today, I was thinking, as all of us homeschoolin' moms do at one time or another, that maybe we need to do more :o)  (you know we always wonder whether or not we are doing right by these guys)  As I continued working I overheard the four younger children playing in the boy's room.  They had built an entire city out of legos (not the kit ones either) they had a diner, bank, store, houses, police station and fire department (OK that one was a kit) They had a whole city all set up.

They were acting out an entire economy :o)  The 10 yo needed more bricks to add on to her building, she went to the bank and ended up having a long conversation about lending...way too long to note here, but suffice to say there was a lot of chatter about interest rates :o)  The 5 yo decided she needed more customers in the diner so she went about "advertising"...if you would call grabbing people and putting them in her diner :o)  Yep she was kidnapping patrons :o)  Look out for that one...Well ultimately she was fired :o(  but she eventually became the owner of the local bank....hmmmm it all makes sense now :o)

Needless to say, while simply sitting and listening quietly, I heard talk of interest and principal (yes, that word was used...once) as well as supply and demand (the 7 yo had all the bricks and was seriously overcharging for them :o)  a whole bunch of adding and subtracting, discussions on structural integrity and ultimately good neighbors (the fire department donated some bricks to rebuild a damaged home :o)

All in all, I think they are all doing just fine :o)  We'll let it be for now :o)

I am off for the night, enough computer time for me for one day...enjoy the dolls, and don't forget feedback...

Peace,
Nancy